I am delighted to be working with the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to highlight an awesome NC business that will be at the Homegrown Fare, which is an activity at the Got to Be NC Festival, May 19-21.
I received product and swag from Sunshine Beverages during our interview at their offices in downtown Winston-Salem, and I’ve integrated their product into my crazy life to offer a real, honest opinion.
And, of course, recommendations on great recipes…
I’ve heard about the Got To Be NC Festival in the past. Wanted to go, but didn’t make it happen.
I am really pleased that it popped back on my radar this year through this experience. I can’t wait to go – and the kid is really excited about fair food (not sure where he gets that propensity for #yummygoodness) and rides!
You’ll find me in my Sunshine Beverages tee, taking pictures and filming a Facebook Live. I’d love to see you there.
Got To Be NC Businesses at the Homegrown Fare
There are a couple of things you need to know…
First, the Got To Be NC Festival is FREE. Just head over to the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh and grab a parking spot (also free). It’s a great opportunity to get the whole family out for a day of fun!
Second, the Homegrown Fare is an activity within the Festival. It’s presented by Lowes Foods and you’ll see North Carolina food companies, breweries and wineries sampling and selling some of the best #yummygoodness NC has to offer! It costs $3 for adults and kids 12 and under can get in free.
If you have a Lowes Foods Fresh Rewards Card, you can get two tickets FREE.
Bring your card. Get in free. Sample the fatty-nibbles, y’all!
And, of course, drink some Sunshine!
Drink the Sunshine
Be the Sunshine
If you’re planning to attend this weekend, let me know! If we’re there at the same time, the kid and I would love to connect! And if you’re brave enough to join me on a Facebook Live…well, you KNOW I’d love that!
It’s been great getting a chance to meet other NC bloggers through this experience. Take a look at the list below. There’s a lot of great vendors and recipes coming out of our home state!
Don’t miss this opportunity to support all the good – GREAT – things that are happening in North Carolina!
Got to be NC Blogger Posts for #HomeGrownFare17
- Introducing Harvest Time Foods Gluten Free Products from Andrea of Good Girl Gone Redneck
- Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites from Angie of Big Bear’s Wife
- Ice Cream Parfaits with Peach Wine Syrup from April of Girl Gone Gourmet
- Sweet and Tart Spaghetti and Meatballs from Emily of The Edible Coast
- Uncle Chris’ Smokin’ Habanero Pimento Cheese Mac and Cheese from Fran of Sip, Stir, Go
- North Carolina Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa and Rice from Hadassah of World on a Table
- North Carolina Muffaletta with Bruce Julian from Jenni of Pastry Chef Online
- Carolina Fancy Foods Takes NC Food Products to a New Level from Johanna of Durham Foodie
- Homemade Caterpillar Rolls, North Carolina Style from Kate of Life of a Ginger
- Got to Be NC Air Fried Tofu Rancheros with Veggies and Little Face Salsa from Kathy of Healthy Slow Cooking
- Little Black Dress Dinner Party: Easy Baked Pork Tenderloin with a Dressy Salad Wedge Side from Leigh of HinesSight
- Discovering The World’s Best Popcorn from Linda of Hispanic Mama
- Easy Shrimp Noodle Bowl with Bertie County Peanuts from Meghan of I’m Fixin’ To
- Coming Home to Gregory Vineyards from Rachel of Fit Triangle Mom